Potato Malai Kofta
by Reena Agarwal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14790 times
Malai kofta is a potato and paneer kofta curry (besan coated dumplings) simmered in a rich and spicy tomato based gravy.
- Mash the paneer with hands till smooth.
- Add the maida, salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Take a small portion of paneer in your hands and press the paneer with your hands to spread.
- Put ½ tsp of frozen cream in between and make a small elongated kofta.
- Make koftas in the same manner from the remaining mixture.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the koftas till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion paste and saute till it turns light brown.
- Add the ginger- garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, cinnamon powder, salt, red chili powder and mix well.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and milk, while continuously stirring and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup along with 2 cups of water, mix well and bring the curry to a boil.
- Add the koftas and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot koftas topped with fresh cream or malai.
This recipe was contributed by Reena Agarwal on 01 Oct 2011I am a self employed mother of twins. I love cooking, reading, net surfing and making handicrafts.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.