Potato Khichdi , Faraal Aloo Khichdi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14021 times
A satiating and tasty khichdi made without any cereals or pulses – can you believe it? Well, here is a unique khichdi made with potato as the base. Perked up with crushed peanuts, green chillies and lemon juice, this lip-smacking Potato Khichdi has a pleasing combination of spiciness and tanginess that you will surely enjoy.
This Aloo Khichdi is perfect to have on faaral days. Some people have coriander on faaral days while some do not. If you would prefer to avoid it, you can just omit it from the recipe.
Serve with Rajgira ki Kadhi and Kand Wafers .
- Peel and grate the potatoes using a thick grater. Put them in enough water to avoid discoloration. Drain well.
- Squeeze out the water completely by squeezing it between your palms. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 minutes, or till the potatoes are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chilli paste, lemon juice, coriander, peanuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.