Potato Gnocchi in Mushroom Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18512 times
Potato Gnocchi, a classic Italian preparation of potatoes, stands apart from potato fritters that are usually deep-fried. Instead, a mixture of potatoes and plain flour is shaped into flattened cylinders and boiled in salted water to make these dainty potato gnocchi. Handle the gnocchi carefully because it is quite delicate! It is, however, the perfect addition to this succulent sauce of mushrooms cooked with fresh cream and mixed herbs. Potato Gnocchi in Mushroom Sauce turns out to be a perfectly exotic dish that treats your palate to delicate textures and herby flavours. Serve along with Baked Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce and Baked Vegetable Risotto .
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead well to form a dough.
- Divide the mixture into 15 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll 25 mm. (1") in length. Lightly flatten each gnocchi using a fork. Keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a broad non-stick pan, add little salt and oil.
- Drop half of the gnocchi pieces into it and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Repeat step 5 to boil and drain the remaining gnocchi. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, fresh cream, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the mushroom sauce, add the prepared potato gnocchi and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||137.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.