Potato Filled Empanadas
This recipe has been viewed 4436 times
A baked savoury snack... delicious and easy to make.
Add your private note
Potato Filled Empanadas recipe - How to make Potato Filled Empanadas
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 serving
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, capsicum and garlic, mix well and sauté till onions turn translucent.
- Add the oregano, salt, and pepper, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring in between.
- Add the potatoes. tomato ketchup and cheese., mix well and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the olives and raisins and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, and salt and sieve well.
- Add the oil and rub with your fingers till the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs .
- Add the milk gradually and knead into a soft dough, making sure that the dough does’nt becomes too sticky.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 5” diameter and 1/8” inch thick. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into equal portions and keep asdie.
- Take a portion of the rolled dough, brush the edges with water and place a portion of the filling at the centre.
- Fold over to make half moon shapes and seal edge with a fork or pinch with your fingertips. Keep in the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes before baking..
- Place the empanadas on a greased baking sheet and brush the tops with egg wash (optional)
- Using a fork, prick a few holes in the top of the empanadas for steam to escape.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a pre-heated oven, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream.
This recipe was contributed by suman_001 on 12 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.