Potato Cheese Burgers
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13343 times
Potato and cheese burgers makes a filling snack either for breakfast or for lunch. The size of the burgers and the buns can be modified as per individual taste. The burgers can be eaten as is as an appetizer too with some ketchup or green chutney
Add your private note
Potato Cheese Burgers recipe - How to make Potato Cheese Burgers
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Peel the skins and mash.
- In a pan, heat 1 table spoon oil and add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped onions, ginger.
- Add salt and saute until onions are soft. Now add the dry spices and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Divide it into 4 portions. Set aside to cool
- Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper (If you like it spicy, add ½ tsp of chilli powder to the breadcrumbs)
- With greased hands, take the potato mixture. Make a well in the center and fill it with grated cheese or paneer and close the potato mixture properly so that nothing oozes out while cooking. Slightly flatten the tikkis (burgers)
- Dip the potato burgers in the maida slurry quickly and then coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Repeat all the burgers in the same way.
- In a heavy tawa or griddle, add some oil and shallow fry the burgers until golden and set aside until cooled.
- Slice the buns in half and butter both sides. If you like to toast the buns, toast them until golden on both sides and set aside.
- Spread an even layer of the herb aioli on to the buns.
- Spread the lettuce leaves and arrange the vegetables; cucumber, tomato and then the onion rings.
- Place the potato cheese burger on top of the veggies and then spread some tomato ketchup on top.
- If you like add a few drops of hot chilli sauce as well. Close it with the other half of the bun and serve immediately.
- Note: it is advised to eat immediately; otherwise, the bun will be soggy.
This recipe was contributed by neelavenkatesh on 08 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.