by Foodie's roommate
This recipe has been viewed 1986 times
Potato Cake, is cheesy and creamy preparation. It can be served as accompaniment to spicy main course or served as breakfast.
- The potatoes will turn out best if boiled and refrigerated overnight before using.
- Do not peel potatoes. Slice into thin rounds or grate coarsely. Keep aside.
- Combine the cheese, milk, bread crumbs, plain flour, salt and green chillies in a bowl. Keep aside.
- If the mixture is loose in consistency add the bread crumbs to thicken the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan about 5" diameter.
- Arrange potatoes to cover the pan. Top with capsicum.
- Pour the cheesy mixture evenly on top of the capsicum.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt and simmer on slow flame till bottom is golden brown.
- Flip over very carefully with a wide sharp spatula, and roast the other side.
- Pour the butter around the edges to seep down.
- Cook it till the other side also turn golden brown.
- Remove on a serving plate and cut into equal size pieces.
- Serve hot and crisp.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie's roommate on 14 Jan 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.