Potato & Bread Chaat
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5056 times
You can make the bhajias well in advance since you require cold bhajias for the chaat. so it becomes easier and faster when you want to make the actual chaat.
Add your private note
Potato & Bread Chaat recipe - How to make Potato & Bread Chaat
Preparation Time: 30 MINUTES Cooking Time: 30 MINUTES Total Time:
- In a frying pan, put 1 tbsp oil and when hot put the mustard seeds till they crackle and also put the green chilies and curry patta. then add the boiled and chopped potatoes along with salt and turmeric powder. stir for few minutes and your bhaji is ready. keep this aside and let it cool.
- Mix the besan, soda, red chilly powder and salt. don''t make the batter too watery. it should be neither thick nor watery.
- Now take one slice of bread.
- Then take some potato bhaji and spread it evenly on the bread.
- Place the second slice of bread on top of it so as to make a sandwich.
- Now cut this sandwich into four pieces.
- Then take each piece, dip it in the besan batter and fry till done. (don''t fry very brown). keep this aside and let it cool. you can always fry.
- Lastly, place these fried bread bhajiya on a plate and cut each piece into another four pieces.
- Then put enough tamarind to soak into them. sprinkle some cumin powder and red chilly powder.
- Then put the chopped onions and coriander leaves and lastly top it with sev.
- Hope you enjoy the chaat.
This recipe was contributed by saloni_vaswani on 26 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.