Poppy Seed Payasam
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9840 times
A payasam recipe with a nice twist. Poppy seeds payasam or kheer is condensed milk cooked with ground poppy seeds or khus khus, sugar and cardamoms. An unique creamy kheer recipe with an irrestible taste.
- Roast dry the poppy seeds in a pan till they become light brown.
- Cool the seeds and then grind them in to a fine mixture with 1tbsp of sugar.
- Now grind the grated coconut,poppy seed mixture and soaked rice with water sufficient to give the paste so abtained a medium consistancy.
- Cook this paste on low heat by continously stirring and adding the remaining sugar to it for 6-8 mins minimum, that is until you get a boil.add the dry fruits as the paste cooks.
- After this add to it cold or hot half liter milk and elaichi powder and mix.
This recipe was contributed by v_anushree on 09 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.