Poorni's Chocolate Modak
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3716 times
Want to make modak interesting, do try this. This will be a hit with children and adults alike.
- Add about 2 tbsp of water to jaggery and let it melt on low flame.
- Sieve the mixture to remove any impurities.
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel and add the jaggery mixture.
- Add the coconut, cocoa powder and mix well. Add ghee while it is cooking.
- Cook until the mixture becomes a little dry by stirring it regularly. Once the mixture cools down add choco chips and mix well.
- In a vessel add the water, oil and salt.
- Keep this pan on the flame and let the contents heat up till the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove the pan from the fire and add the rice flour to it. Add small portions of rice flour.
- Keep on mixing as you want the mixture to be free from lumps and smooth.
- When the mixture is slightly hot or warm, then knead the mixture.
- You can apply some oil on your palms while kneading the rice flour dough.
- Apply some water or oil on your palm. Take a small portion of the rice dough and make a smooth ball out of it with your hands.
- Keep this rice flour dough ball on your palm.
- Now flatten this dough ball in your palm with the fingers of the other hand.
- Make a small puri of it on your palm.
- Keep a small portion of the chocolate mixture on the center of this puri.
- Keep this in the modak mould and give the shape.
- Make all the modaks this way.
- Steam the modaks for 7-10 mins on a low to medium flame.
This recipe was contributed by Cookingwithpoorni on 18 Sep 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.