Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3014 times
A South Indian style prepared stuffed brinjal recipe,Poorna vankaya has brinjals slit and stuffed with a ground paste of roasted til seeds, ginger, garlic, chana and masalas.These stuffed brinjals are cooked in tamarind water and jaggery and served piping hot with chopped coriander as garnish.
- Roast til,garlic,ginger,channa dal,peanuts,cumin seeds,soriander seeds,and coconut separately.
- Add chilli powder garam masala,to above raosted items.
- Make fine paste of them.
- Stuff brinjals with he paste.
- Heat ghee add stuffed brinjals.
- Fry and cook them on slow fire covering with lid.
- Add little water in between.
- When water has evaporated add thick tamarind pulp.
- Add jaggery and cook till brinjals are done.
- Sprinkle kothmir and remove from fire.
This recipe was contributed by sri_baily on 03 Apr 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.