Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4421 times
Poori kizhangu is a savoury potato based vegetable dish, popular in Southern states of India. The mashed potatoes are cooked with onion, chillies, spices and seasoned with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Serve poori kizhangu hot with appams or dosas.
- *peel the boiled potatoes and smash them nicely like a thick paste
- *chop the onions in crescent shapes.
- *fry the spices for few seconds.then add oil and fry onions.
- *now add chopped g.chillies n 1/2 coriander.
- *fry for a min.
- *add water and now add mashed potatoes and mix well until it comes to a gravy form.
- *now add salt and turmeric powder.mix well and finally garnish wid coriander leaves n serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sukanyaa on 20 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.