Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5900 times
U can make so many varieties of pooran poli, instead of sugar u can add to the above 1 cup of jaggery.
if u have a microwave at home & the poli is cold, u can heat it for 10 seconds & serve hot.
this is a delicious traditional sweet for bogi festival in Tamil nadu.
- Take a vessel seive maida with salt and turmeric, sprinkle warm water little by little and make like a chappathi dough. make a hole in the middle, pour the sesame oil cover it with the same dough and close the vessel and keep aside for 30-45 mts.
- Pressure cook dal with little turmeric with enough water for 3 whistle. once it is cool drain the water completely.grind it in a mixie with the sugar into a fine paste.
- Take a pan, add 1 tbls of ghee, add the grated coconut saute for few mts then add the ground dal, elachi and cook until the dal is done and it is thick. cool the dal.
- Take rice flour in a seperate plate.
- Take maida dough spread like chappathi, keep the pooran insite, make a ball and spread like thin chappathi. if the dough sticks when spreading touch with the rice flour.
- Heat the tawa, spread little ghee on it and cook the chapathis.
- Serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by savi_ram on 26 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.