Poondu Puli Kulambu
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3373 times
Poondu Puli Kulambu, a traditional South Indian recipe like sambhar that is usually had with rice, but tastes equally good with idlis and dosas. It is like a curry of Onions and garlic in tamarind gravy, perked up with a very flavourful tempering. Although a variety of spices are used, the sesame, urad dal and curry leaves in the tempering lends a classic, aromatic South Indian touch to this kulambu.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and urad dal wait it for splutter.
- Add the shallots sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes and add the turmeric powder, sambhar masala, coriander powder and salt, mix well and sauté till the raw smells goes.
- Add the tamarind extract to the masala, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by anikar01 on 14 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.