Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7615 times
Ponganalu, a variation to appam.
- Soak the rice and urad dal in sufficient water for 4-6 hrs.
- Grind the soaked rice and urad dal into smooth thick paste adding sufficient water.
- Leave the batter overnight to ferment.
- Soak the chana dal in little water in a bowl for an hour.
- Grease the appam pan and heat it on a medium flame.
- Combine the fermented batter, soaked chana dal, green chillies, coriander and salt in a bowl, mix well.
- Pour the spoon full of batter in each mould of the appam pan and fill the moulds completely.
- Once the bottom starts to brown, carefully turn on other side and let it cook till the other sides also turns to brown in colour.
- Remove the ponganalu from the pan and repeat the same with remaining batterto make more ponganalu.
- Serve ponganalu with coconut chutney or with any other chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 18 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.