Pongal By spakala
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2705 times
If you don't care for whole black pepper, you can use ground pepper instead.
- Wash and drain rice and daal.
- In a cooker or frying pan fry the cumin seeds in butter/ghee.
- Add ginger, black pepper, cashews and hing.
- Then add rice and daal, salt to taste and 6 cups water.
- Cook in pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Serve with sambar.
This recipe was contributed by spakala on 05 Nov 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.