Polenta Pizza Base
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16085 times
An innovative base made using the polenta. Polenta is a cornmeal porridge that is the traditional dish of northern italy.
- Put 3/4 cup of water to boil along with the butter, chilli powder and salt.
- When the water boils, add the maize flour and mix well with a wooden spoon or whisk.
- Cook for some time on a low flame, whisking continuously all the times till the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the fire and cool.
- Sieve the flour, add the prepared polenta, yeast, sugar and enough water to make a soft dough. Knead till it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each portion into a circle of 250 mm. (10") diameter and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 3 to 4 minutes. Use as required
- Maize flour is made by coarsely milling dried corn. Maize flour or cornmeal is coarse, grainy and pale yellow in texture.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||128.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.