Pohe Ke Vade
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 413 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44499 times
Crisp, tasty vadas, anyone? a seemingly traditional yet innovative combination of ingredients like beaten rice, soaked moong dal, green and chillies results in a delicious vada that is sure to make tea-time all the more interesting. Enjoy with a hot beverage and the company of loved ones, for best results!
- Soak the green moong dal in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well and keep aside.
- Wash the beaten rice and keep aside to drain for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a round ball and flatten it between your palms.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the vadas till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.