Pohe By spbhalerao
This recipe has been viewed 579 times
Pohe used to be a cmmon breakfastitem in Maharastrian households but now is enjoyed across the country. The rice flakes or poha are soaked in water and then cooked with onions, roasted peanuts and a tempering of mustard seeds and curryleaves.A healthy,simple and tasty snack or breakfast recipe.
Add your private note
Pohe By spbhalerao recipe - How to make Pohe By spbhalerao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Thick Pohe,2 tbsp spoons oil, mustard seeds, Turmeric, Peanuts, Potatoes, Onions, Sweet Peas, Kadhi Patta,2-3 small green chilies, salt to taste, a pinch of sugar, Cilantro, and ole khobre for garnishing
- 1. take pohe and wash it in water. drain all the water and let it swell for 10 mins.
- 2. heat oil in a container and put mustard seeds, cut green chillies, peanuts, turmeric and kadhi patta.
- 3. when the mustard seeds starts cracking, add onions and saute till onions are translucent.
- 4. add cut potatoes and sweet peas and let it steam for 5 mins.
- 5. then add pohe and mix everything well. again steam for 5 mins.
- 6. serve hot and granish with cliantro and ole khobre.
This recipe was contributed by spbhalerao on 17 Oct 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.