Poha Khichu ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13780 times
A variation of the favourite gujarati delicacy made with rice flour. The khichu is traditionally eaten with sesame oil but you may use any other refined oil as well if you so desire.
- Grind the poha in a blender till it resembles bread crumbs. Keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the water, soda bi-carb, cumin seed powder and salt and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the oil, chilli powder, green chilli, and the ground poha and mix well using a whisk, so that no lumps remain.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot drizzled with the sesame oil and chilli powder.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||57.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.