Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10073 times
A tasty khichadi made with poha, green gram and vegetables.
- Soak poha in water for 15 mins.
- Combine the moong dal and vegetables and pressure cook for 1 whistle or till half cooked.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the haldi and curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the dal, vegetables, drained poha, salt, sambar powder, jaggary, tamarind juice and enough water, mix well and cook on low fire for 10 more mins.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vinaseenu on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.