Poha Chivda Recipe
by Jeena Suraj
This recipe has been viewed 1023 times
Poha Chivda is basically made in many homes, to be had as tea time as munch, also served to guests when at home, and also made during Diwali as a Namkeen munch snack. Its easy to make and soo delicious too. For this chivda, we will need thin quality poha / beaten rice.
Add your private note
Poha Chivda Recipe recipe - How to make Poha Chivda Recipe
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Firstly roast poha for just a minute and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan. Fry the peanuts until brown and transfer to a plate.
- In the same oil fry the roasted chana dal and transfer to the same plate.
- Now in the same remaining oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric powder and saute. Be careful turmeric doesn't gets burnt.
- In a big plate, combine the roasted poha, fried peanuts, fried roasted chana dal, tempered curry leaves, green chillies and turmeric mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and sugar.Mix well.
- Cool and store in an airtight jar.
- Enjoy with family during tea time or serve to guests.
This recipe was contributed by Jeena Suraj on 18 Jan 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.