Plantain Laccha Subzi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4229 times
Plantain laccha subzi brings forth an interesting vegetable recipe with cooked raw plantains or bananas. The plantain is cut into thin strips or lacchhas and then cooked with onions, spice powders and urad dal powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the hing, mustard seeds, urad dal chana daal, red chilli, fenugreek seeds and tamarind and saute till they turn red.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Boil the bananas with skin till they are hard but cooked, cool and peel and grate them in to lacchas.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the banana and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the urad daal powder, mix well and cover and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by gpsundaram1 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.