Pizza Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 32 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16159 times
A classic italian recipe. This is a blend of harmonious flavors of ripe tomatoes with onion, peppercorns and oregano. I often make large quantities of this sauce when tomatoes are in season and freeze it in an air-tight container. That way i am always ready to serve pizza in a hurry. You can use this recipe for a pasta sauce. Dilute the sauce using water and add 2 tbsp of low-fat cream to mellow the sauce a little and toss cooked pasta in it. You can add your favourite herbs too, like a few leaves of basil.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the olive oil, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add the tomato purée, ketchup, sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the oregano and mix well.
- Discard the bay leaves and peppercorns from the sauce and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.