by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17513 times
Khichu is a traditional Gujarati snack, made by cooking flour with spices. It has a gooey, dough-like texture, which is very, very delicious when served hot and fresh.
Here is the all-time favourite rice flour khichu made with a totally unexpected and innovative twist! In this unique recipe, the khichu is flavoured with pizza sauce and mixed herbs, garnished with cheese and served with a drizzling of olive oil.
Chopped capsicum, added while cooking the flour, gives the Khichu a very interesting crunch.
The Pizza Khichu brings together old and new flavours, making sure it appeals to young and old alike! Try other khichu recipes like the Whole Rice Khichu and Jowar Khichu .
- Heat ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the soda bi-carb, cumin seeds, mixed herbs, green chillies, salt and oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously with help of a rolling pin.
- Add the pizza sauce, coloured capsicum, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Cool slightly, divide the mixture into 15 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball making a depression in the center.
- Top each ball with a little cheese, little mixed herbs and finally drizzle olive oil evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per ball
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.