Piyaz ki Kadhi
by Foodie #514071
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18152 times
A delicious kadhi recipe with fried onion pakoras.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. With the help of water, mix well into a thick smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a wok.Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter in oil until golden and crisp.Drain the excess oil. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sauté the sliced onions until slightly soft and translucent. Remove from heat. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with bengal gram flour, salt and water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cloves, bay leaf, cumin seeds along with asafoetida. Once they start to crackle and change its colour, stir in the garlic. Saute for for 2-3 minutes. Add red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture along with the curry leaves. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil. Next, simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now, stir in the fried pakoras and sautéed onions. Continue to simmer for four to five minutes. Garnish the kadhi with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 09 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.