Pithore Cake On Green Pea Masala
by Palak Rajput
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7748 times
Pithore cake on green pea masala, cake sandwich with pea masala and mathri.
- Combine the curds, besan, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Separately roast the coriander seeds, saunf, cumin seeds, peppercorns and dried red chillies and blend in a mixer into smooth powder.
- Combine the grounded masala with curd mixture.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the masala curd mixture and cook, while stirring continuously for 10-15 minutes till it turns very thick.
- Transfer into a greased tray and freeze for half an hour till it sets firmly. Once set, cut into round cakes using ring cutters.
- Roll both sides of the cake in a semolina.
- Heat the ghee in tava and shallow fry the pithore cakes on both sides till golden. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and ginger and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and all the spices and cook till oil separates.
- Add the green peas and salt, mix well and cook till the peas are done.
- Divide into equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and using water knead to a smooth stiff dough.
- Divide dough into small portions and roll out each portion into a rectangular roti.
- Cut into triangles.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the triangles till golden and crisp. Remove on absorbent paper.
- Place 1 portion of peas masala in the centre of a plate, place a pithore cake on top and place a mathri over it and top with chutney of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.