Pithore ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74638 times
We have made a quick and healthy version of the lip-smacking rajasthani snack by dressing up protein and iron rich besan and methi leaves in enticing, tangy flavours. All the fibre makes this a good choice for diabetics too.
- Combine the besan, fenugreek leaves, buttermilk, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger, green chilli paste, salt and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a thali with ¼ tsp of oil and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad non- stick pan, add the batter and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Pour the mixture immediately into the greased thali and tilt the thali clockwise to form a uniform layer. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes and cut into equal-sized diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat the remaining ½ tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the pithore pieces.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.