Pistewali Curry Mein Malai Kofte
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14816 times
Cashew nuts are commonly used in indian cooking for thickening gravies and adding volume. However the mughlas didn't stop there! they used their beloved dry fruits such as pistachios to create whole dishes. This lovely green gravy is prepared with loads of pistachios. Coriander add some colour to the curry while the malai kofta just melt in your mouth!
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled onion paste and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, white pepper powder, salt and garam masala and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water and sugar and bring to boil.
- Remove from the flame, add the cream and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the koftas, except the oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a round kofta.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Arrange the koftas on a serving dish, pour the hot gravy on top and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||537.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.