by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8492 times
A novel form of pista barfi with tasty filling.
- Put the pistachios into boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain, remove the skin by rubbing on a piece of cloth and grind into a powder.
- Mix the sugar in 4 to 5 tablespoons of water and boil in a broad vessel until 2 threads consistency is achieved.
- Check the right consistency by dropping a few drops of syrup into cold water. It should form a soft ball when rolled between your fingers.
- Add the pistachio powder, mix well and allow to cool.
- Roll out the pistachio dough and press into desired moulds.
- Store in a refrigerator.
- Unmould the pistachio baskets and fill a teaspoonful of the filling in each basket.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.