Pista Choco Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37091 times
Perk up your festival spread with this unique mithai that brings together pistachios and chocolate!
The contrasting colours of pista and chocolate make this Pista Choco Roll visually appealing, while the combination of nutty and chocolaty flavours makes it super tasty.
It is also quite easy to make and does not require a long cooking period. You can store it in a dry and airtight container for two days. Delight your family, friends and guests with this rich, nutty and chocolaty treat.
Also try other pista flavored mithai like Kaju Pista Roll and Badam Pista Basket .
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 14 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a big plate and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Combine a portion of the mixture in a deep bowl or a big plate, add the pistachios, cardamom powder, rose essence and green food colour and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Combine the other portion of the mixture in a deep bowl or a big plate, add the cocoa powder and mix very well. Keep aside.
- Put cling wrap on the wooden board or a flat surface and grease it using ghee.
- Place the prepared pista mixture over it and spread it evenly using your hands to form a 175 mm. × 200 mm. (7”× 8”) rectangle.
- Make a cylinder roll of the chocolate mixture and place it over the pista mixture leaving (1”) side from the bottom.
- Roll it very tightly with the help of a cling wrap.
- Gently remove the cling wrap to get a roll and cut into 15 equal slices and flatten it very lightly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||27.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.