Pink Pot Rice, Cheesy Beetroot Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2804 times
The Pink Pot Rice is a cheesy one-dish meal that is sure to catch your fancy with its rich taste and captivating appearance. A cheesy white sauce gives this rice preparation a luscious mouth-feel, while beetroot gives it a pleasant flavour and bright colour.
A couple of herbs and spices thrown into the pot give the Cheesy Beetroot Rice a fabulous aroma while also enhancing the flavour. Serve this rice dish immediately on preparation because it contains cheese, and will lose its texture over time.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously using a whisk.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the beetroot, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the Cheesy white sauce, chilli flakes, and rosemary, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||582.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.