Pineapple Upside-down Cake
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5376 times
Pineapple upside down cake is a special cake recipe with Caramel topping and pineapple rounds over a dense sponge cake .Share and recommend your favorite cake recipe online.
- Use a little flour and butter to grease and dust the baking tin
- Spread honey at the base of the tin
- Cut the pineapple slices into halves and arrange then with cherries on spread honey
- Cream the sugar and butter till light and fluffy
- Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well
- Beat the egg whites till stiff
- Fold in the sifted flour with the baking powder alternating with egg whites to the cream mixture
- Add pineapple essence and mix well
- Pour the mixture into prepared cake tin
- Bake at 170 o for 30-40 mins.
- Insert a knife into centre
- If it comes out clean, the cake is done
- Allow it to cool and then turn upside down
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 02 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.