by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32181 times
High, fluffy, delicately flavoured with lemon and pineapple.
- Prepare a souffle dish by tying a band of greaseproof paper.
- Mix the gelatine in 1/2 teacup of cold water. Warm until the gelatine dissolves.
- Chop the pineapple slices very finelt and keep aside the syrup.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the egg - yolks with the sugar and lemon rind. Go on beating thick and fluffy.
- Measure the pineapple syrup with the lemon juice; add a little water, if required, to make up to 240 ml.
- Mix the egg - yolk mixture, gelatine solution, fruit juices and chopped pineapple pieces, keeping aside a few pieces for decoration.
- Put the vessel containiing this mixture in a large vessel filled with ice cubes and go on stirring all the time.
- When the mixture gets slightly thicker, add the cream. Go on stirring all the time.
- Beat the egg - whites stiffly.
- When the mixture gets thicker again, add the beaten egg - whites.
- Take the vessel off the ice. Mix very well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and put to set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- Just before serving, remove the paper. Decorate with pineapple pieces, cherries and green peels.
- Serve cold.
- You can also set this souffle in any serving bowl and withouit greaseproof paper.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.