Pineapple Rasam By Ul69
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4589 times
Finely chopped pineapple pieces cooked in a tangy spicy rasam in the pineapple rasam makes it a superb recipe. Enjoy this sweet and sour rasam with rice or plain as soup.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the dal and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till cooked. Keep aside.
- Blend the pineapple slices along with 1/2 cup of water till smooth. Strain and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, pour this juice and add rasam powder, salt, tomato slices and bring to boil till the raw smell of pineapple is gone.
- Add the dal along with the water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and pour this in the rasam and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Serve hot with white rice.
This recipe was contributed by ul69 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.