Pineapple Chutney My Style
by Palak Rajput
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15478 times
Pineapple Chutney, unusual accompaniment for the rotis or for parathas.
- Heat a sauce pan, add the pineapple pieces, jaggery, sugar, raisins, chilli powder, ginger and salt, mix well and stir continuously.
- Once the jaggery and sugar melts and start to caramelize, add a cup of water.
- Cook on slow flame until the pineapple pieces become soft and mushy.
- Add more water if necessary and mash the pineapple pieces with spatula to break them down.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the panch phoron and let it crackle.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve or store the pineapple chutney in a refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- If using fresh pineapple pieces, add more water and eventually takes more time for the pineapple pieces to become soft.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 09 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.