Pineapple, Banana and Fig Flambe ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12378 times
The pineapple, banana and fig flambé is a charming combination of fruits topped with a flavoursome sauce of butter, sugar and spices, which is then baked lightly, sprinkled with rum and set aflame. The flambé with rum enhances the aroma and taste to a great extent. Ice-cream is a good accompaniment to this dessert.
- Arrange the bananas in a shallow ovenproof dish followed by pineapple and figs. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan and add the brown sugar, lemon juice, cardamom powder and cinnamon powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the sugar syrup evenly over the fruits and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the almonds over it.
- Just before serving, pour the rum into a large spoon and warm it on a direct flame. Set alight and pour the rum over the fruits.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.