Pina Colada Doughnuts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9643 times
The combination of pineapple and coconut is always a successful one, be it in mocktails or desserts. Watch it unfurl its magic in a sweet treat for kids!
These pina colada doughnuts have a unique east-meets-west touch – as a filling of coconut, pineapple and raisins ably complements crisp, deep-fried doughnuts. It has just the perfect balance of flavours and textures that kids love so much.
Also try other doughnuts like Chocolate Doughnuts and Cappuccino Doughnuts .
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add the oil and knead again.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it is double in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly with your palms to remove the air.
- Roll out the dough into a 5 mm. Thick sheet.
- Using a 75 mm. (3") cookie cutter, cut out 10 circles.
- Place a spoonful of the filling mixture on each of the 5 dough circles.
- Place the other 5 dough circles on top of the filling mixture and seal the edges tightly.
- Deep fry these doughnuts in hot oil over a medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.