Pina Colada Cupcakes
by Shreya Jaiswal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5839 times
These cupcakes have a coconut cupcake base and a pineapple cream frosting. Topped with some shredded coconut and garnished with a skewer of pineapple and a maraschino cherry, these just look like a fun summer treat.
- Take whipped cream in a bowl. Lightly fold in drained and crushed pineapple. Keep aside.
- Line 8 cupcake molds with paper cups. Keep aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add coconut milk, vanilla essence and coconut essence, beat until well blended.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Stir until just combined and fold in desiccated coconut. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter into 8 paper cups.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean from center.
- Turn out on wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes using a palette knife or icing mold with a big nozzle. Sprinkle shredded coconut on icing. To garnish, attach pineapple piece and maraschino cherry on a skewer and insert in the cupcake.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 09 Mar 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.