Pina Coconaka Rice
by NEENA SAVLA
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3140 times
Pina coconaka rice is a mild sweet rice with a rich flavour of coconut and pineapple. You can also add tender coconut malai (chopped) to enhance the taste. It can be prepared on any occasions and i am sure there will be repeated demand for it. It taste equally good even cold.
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in broad non-stick pan add peppercorns, cloves, rice and roast for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, tender coconut water or water, salt and cook covered till rice is 90 percent done.
- Add fresh grated coconut, canned pineapple syrup, mix well and cook covered on a low flame till all the moisture is absorbed, while stirring occasionally to avoid the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. (you can place a hot tava under the vessel).
- Add canned pineapple pieces (drained), fresh cream, pineapple essence , yellow colour and mix well with a fork , taking care not to break the rice grain.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with coconut flakes , cherries, canned pineapple pieces, fried cashewnuts and cherries.
- Drizzle some pineapple crush on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 12 Dec 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.