Pickled Mango Gujju
This recipe has been viewed 2965 times
This gujju can be prepared any time of the year, if you have salted mangoes with you.
- Add salt to 2 cups boiled water, mix well and keep aside to cool completely.
- Cut the mangoes into cubes and place them in an air tight glass bottle.
- Pour the salted water into the jar till all mango pieces are covered and add 1 tbsp vinegar close the lid tightly.
- Keep this jar in cool, dark place for at least 1 week before using them.
- Use as required.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a pan and add urad dal, mustard seeds and red chillies and saute till the urad dal turns golden yellow.
- Add the onions, garlic, green chilli, turmeric powder, curry leaves, coriander seeds and red chilli, mix well and sauté them for few seconds.
- Add salted raw mangoes and mix well and cook this in medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes or till a syrupy base is formed.
- Serve hot with roti,paratha or plain rice.
This recipe was contributed by MOONBEAMS on 13 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.