Pickled Cucumber ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32729 times
Pickled cucumber, a great appetizer that tastes splendid when served chilled. This salad must be made in advance so that the flavors are soaked up by the cucumber chunks. The salt-sweet-sour cucumber is extremely refreshing. Try grating ginger into the salad for a more flavorful version, or add chopped garlic if you prefer a garlicky flavor. Crunchy and yummy!
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt over the cucumber pieces and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 1 tsp of salt, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the cucumber pieces to it and toss well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled.
- Do not throw away the water that oozes out from the salted cucumber pieces. Instead, add it to the vinegar mixture.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.