Piata Choco Roll
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3125 times
Piata choco roll or pista choco roll is a delicious mithai or Indian dessert recipe with grated khoya cooked with sugar and rolled out in two parts. The one part is mixed with cocoa powder while the other has pistachios. The chocolate rolls are sliced and served as mithai after meals.
Add your private note
Piata Choco Roll recipe - How to make Piata Choco Roll
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approximately 5 to 10 minutes).
- Cool completely , add the rose essence and mix well. divide into 2 equal portions.
- In one portion, add the cocoa powder and mix well. roll into a 200 mm. x 75 mm. (6" x 3") rectangle. keep aside.
- In the other portion, add the chopped pistachios and mix well. make a roll of 25 mm. (1") diameter and 200 mm, (8") length.
- Place the pistachio roll on the chocolate rectangle and roll it in such a way that the chocolate rectangle covers the pistachio roll evenly from all sides and there are no cracks on the surface.
- Wrap the roll in a plastic sheet or grease-proof paper and refrigerate till firm (for approx. 10 minutes).
- Remove the plastic sheet or grease-proof paper and cut into 12 mm. (1/2") slices.
- Handy tip(s) :
- 1. variation : pista choco roll (sugar free)
- 2. add 3 teaspoons of artificial sweetner instead of the sugar and proceed as per the above.
- Other related recipes
- Kaju pista roll
- Amrit peda
- Kharek ka halwa
This recipe was contributed by sairam0203 on 12 Dec 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.