Phoolwadi Recipe, Fulwadi Gujarati Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10127 times
Phoolwadi is a crispy, deep-fried and cylinder-shaped savoury snack made of besan and spices. Very popular in Gujarat, this jar snack can be enjoyed anytime with a cup of hot chai, and even carried along while travelling.
It is important to use coarse besan for this snack, to get the perfect crunch. It is also important to deep-fry this on a medium-slow flame, else it will remain soft and raw inside.
Do not drain this on a tissue paper because it tends to stick to the paper – instead, drain it well on a colander or plate.
You can also try other jar snacks like Kolhapuri Bhadang Murmura or Chakli .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 26 portions and shape each portion into 25 mm. (1”) cylindrical long roll.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few phoolwadis at a time on a medium slow flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per phoolwadi
|Vitamin A||22.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.