Phoolgobhi Pudina Pakode
by shweta soni
This recipe has been viewed 462 times
Crispy cauliflower and mint flavoured pakodas...truly hit in tea time!
- Put cauliflower florets in a bowl full of water, add salt and ¼ tsp turmeric powder and cook in microwave for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine the besan, salt, remaining turmeric powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, carom seeds, rice flour, dried mango powder in a bowl, add sufficient water and whisk to a thick and smooth batter.
- Take the bowl with cauliflower out of the microwave and drain them well.
- Put cauliflower florets in the batter and mix.
- Chop mint leaves finely and add to the cauliflower mixture and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cauliflower florets, taking care that each floret is separate and deep fry, turning them from time to time to ensure even cooking.
- Deep fry till half done and drain them on tissue papers.
- Place more tissue papers over them and press lightly.
- This way excess oil is absorbed by the tissue papers and the pakodas are slightly pressed.
- Mix chaat masala with the remaining red chilli powder and mix well. Arrange the pakodas in a baking dish and sprinkle this over them.
- Keep the dish in preheated oven and cook them further at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Put sliced green olives in a bowl.
- Add eggless mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve the pakodas hot with this olive-mayonnaise dip.
This recipe was contributed by shweta soni on 02 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.