Phodshi Sabji, Maharashtrian Monsoon Leafy Vegetable
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7949 times
Phodshi is an off-beat veggie, which is available in Maharashtra in the monsoon months. Soaked chana dal and an assortment of interesting masalas complement the taste of the phodshi, giving rise to a truly delicious subzi.
Phodshi being available only in the monsoon, don’t miss the opportunity to try this Phodshi Subzi right away, because you will love the taste as well as texture.
You can also try other recipes like Chawli Bhaji and Dhania ki Subzi .
- Heat 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the soaked chana dal and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain it using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chana dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the phodshi, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.