Phirni By Nidhi_chawla
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9091 times
The sweet dish, phirni is a kashmiri cuisine inspired dessert recipe with rice flour added to milk and sugar. An awesome dessert recipe with a typical cardamom flavor, thick and creamy phirni is simply irrestible!
- Boil 4 cups of water along with kesar and cardamom powder in a deep pan and when it starts boiling, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup sugar and again cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add grated khoya and cook for 3 min.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice paste with ¾ cup of milk and keep aside.
- Add rice paste to the milk and mix well for 4 minutes.
- Cook again for 4-5 minutes or till the mixture becomes thick.
- Cool and add kewra water and mix well.
- Serve chilled garnished with nuts.
This recipe was contributed by nidhi_chawla on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.