Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7915 times
Experience the magical kofta recipe with the raw bananas in the phaldari koftas. The mashed banana dumplings are topped with a delicious onion tomato based spicy gravy and then baked with mace powder, slit chilies and chopped coriander leaves as garnish. Enjoy with naans or chapatis.
Add your private note
Phaldari Koftas recipe - How to make Phaldari Koftas
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 servings
- Put the bananas in a pan, cover and cook with water for about 30 minutes.
- Cool the bananas, peel and mash them.
- Add the other ingredients, mix well and divide the mixture into 20 mini balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the cloves and cardamom and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic paste and saute for 1 minutes.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, spices, 3/4 cup water and mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the food colour and mix well.
- Add cream and mix well and remove form the flame.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the koftas, mix well and serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Hpatel7 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.