Phadthai Noodles ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13914 times
Made in a jiffy, this recipe is a good bet for any party. Tofu and bean sprouts generously boost the good-health quotient of this dish. Not to forget that I've used sugar substitutes instead of sugar. All of which makes this a safe venture for diabetics too! Preferably, use whole wheat noodles in the place of maida noodles.
For those who have high blood pressure, high sodium foods like soya sauce should be restricted; hence I have used only 1 tsp of it. Garlic and red chilli flakes pep up the taste, but feel free to adjust their quantities as per your likings. Combine the noodles with a vegetable gravy dish for a complete meal combo.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté over a high flame for a minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the all the remaining ingredients and toss well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- To cook 3 cups of rice noodles, soak 3/4 packet of raw rice noodles in boiling hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or as the instructions on the package specify. Drain the water and immerse in cold water in order to arrest any further cooking. Drain and use as required.
- This recipe has been developed only to satisfy the occasionally craving of a diabetic for exotic dishes as it contains certain ingredients which need to be used restrictively. Hence this does not qualify as a regular everyday meal.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 179 calories|
|Protein|| 9.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 20.5 gm|
|Fat|| 6.5 gm|
|Calcium|| 92.3 mg|
|Iron|| 3.1 mg|
|Fibre|| 2.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.