Peshawari Paneer ( Popular Restaurant Gravies)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 115 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89839 times
Peshawari paneer, cubes of paneer cooked in a lip-smacking cashew-onion gravy and finished with cream, the highlight of this recipe is the distinct flavour of freshly-pounded coriander seeds and red chillies.
- Combine the coriander seeds and red chillies and pound them coarsely in a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta). Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the basic white gravy and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the pounded coriander- chilli powder and ¼ cup of water mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, sugar and salt, mix gently and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Remove from the flame, add the cream and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnished with almond slivers and saffron.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||383.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B3||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.