Peshawari Chana By Chandapappa
This recipe has been viewed 5213 times
Devour the north indian cuisine specialty, peshawari channa with this easy chana recipe. The kabuli chana or chickpeas are cooked in a tasty recipe. An indian spicy recipe of chickpeas cooked in a tasty onion based gravy. Relish with fried breads(poories) or rice.
- Soak kabuli chana overnight.
- Add a little water to the soaked chana, tie tea leaves in a piece of cloth and put it in water and then boil the chana until soft and dark in colour, strain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the bayleaf and onion and sauté until golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger, garlic paste and slit green chillies and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chana masala and cumin powder, mix well and cook for some time.
- Add boiled chana and approximately 1 cup of water and cook till chana gets coated with the thick masala.
- Sprinkle garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.